Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight doesn't search my contacts in iOS 9

Spotlight doesn't search my contacts in iOS 9 any help ??

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 5:42 AM

Go to setting and general and then check Spotlight Search and then turn on the contacts button

46 replies

Sep 28, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Kmora

I continue to see this problem. Hard resetting phone (hold power and home buttons) works, for a bit. Turning everything off and on in search settings worked, for a bit. Doing the group switch worked, briefly. But the main issue seems to be with top hits, which sometimes displays contacts but is NOT the contact results. So even when I get contact results it is often top hits, not contacts, and there's no section of the search results for contacts.

Only way I've gotten contacts to show up consistently is to turn off everything else in search. Then contacts works.

Sep 30, 2015 2:03 AM in response to Apple Customer care sucks

Thank you so much. I managed to fix the problem. I did this by going to Settings, General, Spotlight Search, then turning everything off. I then went back to my home screen and into Contacts, Groups, Hide all contacts and hit Done. I quit the application and did a hard reset. Went back into spotlight search under settings and turned on Contacts. waited for about a minute and this fixed the problem.

Spotlight doesn't search my contacts in iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.