Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see TC in network drive-Windows 10

Hi

I recently purchased a new 2TB TC for my office work and was going to use it mainly as a network drive. However after setting up the TC with the airport utility I can't seem to find it in the network drive section in This PC(Finder). I could see the drive in the airport utility setting but not in This PC and my old TC worked with my other windows computer. Im running WIndows 10. Could anyone please advice?

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 2:45 AM

Win10 is having issues with the TC.. I am not usre if it is just the latest model or all of them but there are several posts now of fundamental network issues between win10 and the TC.

In explorer type the address directly into the address bar using IP not name.

so \\10.0.1.1 if it at default.

The setup utility for windows is inadequate to handle later Airports.. Apple have not bothered to update now for a long time and apparently no longer care. You need to use Mac or iOS version airport utility to do it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2015 2:45 AM in response to nicoman329

Win10 is having issues with the TC.. I am not usre if it is just the latest model or all of them but there are several posts now of fundamental network issues between win10 and the TC.

In explorer type the address directly into the address bar using IP not name.

so \\10.0.1.1 if it at default.

The setup utility for windows is inadequate to handle later Airports.. Apple have not bothered to update now for a long time and apparently no longer care. You need to use Mac or iOS version airport utility to do it.

Sep 20, 2015 10:14 AM in response to nicoman329

Some with Windows 10 are unable to write/read files to/from Time Capsule. Some have no problems at all. If you would please I'd like you participate in an Win 10 experiment: Save a file, any small file or picture would do, to Time Capsule, then read it, then finally delete it. If you can and are willing to do this, what was the outcome?

And finally, what version Windows 10 are you running, 32-bit or 64-bit?

Jan 5, 2016 9:18 AM in response to nicoman329

If you are still having problems this solution worked for me using Windows 10 and letting me access the Time Capsule to use as a mapped network drive. I found the solution at this link:http://techsupport.foreverwarm.com/time-capsule-windows

I did both set of these steps in this order:

try setting your WINS server to the ip address of your TC. This can be done by:

• Click on the “Start” button;
  • Click on “Network Connections”;
  • Select your wireless network device; (or your wired network card if you are using an ethernet connection)
  • Click on the “Internet Protocol TCP/IP” Properties;
  • Click on the ‘Advanced” tab;
  • Then click on the “WINS” tab.
  • Enter IP address of your TC
  • Hit Ok, Ok, Ok.

Then I did this

6. If you are mapping a drive from the computer that is running the Airport Utility, select the Airport Base Station agent on your task bar and click the name of your Time Capsule. Under Action selectConnect with Password, put in your password and click the Remember this password box. Click OK.

7. From any other computer, go to My Computer and in the address bar enter \\{time capsule name} (eg: \\timecapsule.local) Don’t forget to put the .local at the end or you may not be able to see the Time Capsule.

8. At the username/password prompt, enter the username “admin” and the password you used for Disks access.

9. You should now see the empty Data drive

10. If you want to map to this drive directly, right-click on it and select Map Network Drive. Be sure to select Connect using a different username and enter the username/password you used to get to the Time Capsule, in the format timecapsulename\username and your password.
If you’ve made it this far, CONGRATULATIONS!

Can't see TC in network drive-Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.