Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there a grey line with a clock/timer saying 0:00 covering the message that I'm typing? This has happened only since the latest update (IOS 9).

I have turned the phone off (i-Phone 6) & turned it back on, I've turned the character count on, I've turned the character count off & it only temporarily solves the problem. That grey line & clock/timer just randomly reappears.......so annoying!

can someone please help me with a permanent solution?

Thanks in advance

iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 2:51 AM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2015 7:04 PM in response to Itsmyne79

Hi, I've just been to an Apple Store. They told me that they are aware of the issue but at the minute there are only the temporary measures eg. Turning character count on or off, closing the message application.

they advised that hopefully the next update will resolve this issue but they weren't very convincing & that it may be up to a month before that happens

Why is there a grey line with a clock/timer saying 0:00 covering the message that I'm typing? This has happened only since the latest update (IOS 9).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.