Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Lightning to 30-pin Adapter does not work under iOS 9.

My Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (authentic Apple accessory) does not support audio after upgrading to iOS 9 - the charging is working fine. Wondering if this is this a bug or is the audio output no longer supported under iOS9? The audio output/charging functions were earlier working fine on iOS8 and previous iOS versions (using the same handset iPhone 6). The adapter is an authentic and bought from an authorised Apple reseller.

To clarify, I am using an iPhone 6 and the Dock is a Sony Brand dock (30 pin version) - Sony ICF-CS15iP. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

iPhone 6, iOS 9, Lightning to 30-pin Adapter

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 1:58 AM

4 replies

Oct 5, 2015 3:38 PM in response to us_su_2891

I am considering upgrading to an IOS 9 device, but have 30 pin peripherals on which I rely.

Do you have any experience, using your Apple 30 Pin to Lightning adapter, using other input/output peripherals?

If you do I am glad to hear about your successes or failures.

If anyone else wants to chime in about the architecture of the lightning port that might enlighten, please do.

(I use a Macally iKey30 keyboard with a CableJive Stubz plus passthrough charging adapter. Hugely efficient text input. Battery stays full.)

My Lightning to 30-pin Adapter does not work under iOS 9.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.