Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Status Still 'Apple Music' in iTunes 12.3

I don't understand why my music is still uploading as Apple Music instead of Matched/Uploaded in the new iTunes update.

This rarely happened before, so I don't understand why it's happening now. I thought this bug had been fixed. I do not want Apple Music files for tracks I have ripped/purchased myself.

Anyone else still getting this? Any fix suggestions?

My free trial for Apple Music expires soon, so I'm not really sure what the outcome is going to be for the files marked as Apple Music once that happens. On my iPhone I'm already getting a 'Product Unavailable' message for an album I purchased that has an Apple Music iCloud status, which isn't a good sign.

Windows 8, iTunes 12.3

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 2:04 PM

Have the same frustrating problem. Spent some of my morning on the phone to Apple and leanrt the following:

1. Other than turning of the auto renewal of the Apple Music subscription there is no way that even Apple can turn off Apple Music before the free trial expires

2. Apple's recommended advice for this problem is to go to iTunes>Preferences and to uncheck Apple Music and iCloud Music Library and to live with it until your free Apple music trial expires.

If you don't do number 2 then Apple say that anything matched to 'Apple Music' is likely to get deleted.

Well done Apple. Great Job. Really thought that one through didn't you.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2015 2:04 PM in response to kodakumi

Have the same frustrating problem. Spent some of my morning on the phone to Apple and leanrt the following:

1. Other than turning of the auto renewal of the Apple Music subscription there is no way that even Apple can turn off Apple Music before the free trial expires

2. Apple's recommended advice for this problem is to go to iTunes>Preferences and to uncheck Apple Music and iCloud Music Library and to live with it until your free Apple music trial expires.

If you don't do number 2 then Apple say that anything matched to 'Apple Music' is likely to get deleted.

Well done Apple. Great Job. Really thought that one through didn't you.

Sep 22, 2015 4:30 PM in response to kodakumi

Based on what I've been told you should be ok. I've not got much faith though. Apple seem to have a limited grasp of how Apple Music interacts with iTunes Match and iTunes so I wouldn't be surprised if a new problem occurred after the Apple Music subscription ended.

Will be interesting to see these forums in early October. It's also the last time I blindly subscribe to a new service or install an upgrade from Apple.

iCloud Status Still 'Apple Music' in iTunes 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.