Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 backup bug

I have found that since updating to iOS 9; my iCloud backup has been deleted and the new backup is messed up.

iOS doesn't seem to recognise the amount of data an app will take up; on manage storage under the backup it says every app is no data. I've noticed since turning off all 350 apps and leaving just one switched on that the backup then works but and the apps now only show data that is already backed up.

SO Apple have 2 bugs: iOS 9 deleted your old backup. And iOS 9 the backup space prediction is all messed up; making adjustments basically resets the next backup size to 0 bytes and lost option to see what data will be backed up to reduce your backup size.

I Awoke this morning horrified that I had a backup failed warning and that back said last backup: never !!!

User uploaded file

ABove image what I woke up to

below image is after a backup with small apps

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 5:38 AM

4 replies

Sep 20, 2015 5:49 AM in response to Demo

You may have seen the bug but you have enough space to store ALL your data. So you wouldn't have noticed if your last backup was erased?

see if you turn off an app what happens to the counters.

AMall the apps are backed up on yours so none would show no data; but equally if you shot a massive video the data wouldn't reflect that until fully backed up. You wouldn't have enough space and you wouldn't be able to tell why.

Also; this has happened on the iPhone 6+, my partners iPhone 6, my mums iPad Air and neighbours iPhone 5S; 4 different models, 4 different iTunes accounts, 1 new iOS

Oct 6, 2015 6:24 PM in response to iZian

This exact same thing happened to me. I was able to back it up by signing out of icloud and back in again. But, it still won't automatically update anymore! This happened on my iPhone 6, my Ipad Air and my Daughter;s Iphone 6 Plus. All the same issue. These are under different Apple Accounts as well. What can we do? I contacted Apple and waiting for a call back! Our back ups were fine before this update.

iOS 9 backup bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.