Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to resolve black screen just before opening an app in IOS9; Iphone 6 plus

I updated my iphone 6 plus with IOS9. Now it shows a black screen just before opening an app such as gmail or whatsapp. I need help to resolve this black screen as it gives me an impression of a crushing device

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 6:02 AM

Dear Apple! Please help on this! It's driving me crazy. When I open an app/photos/etc. the screen goes black. Then I have to hit the home button and reopen the app to get it to work.

7 replies

Oct 9, 2015 4:47 PM in response to Lovemorem

This worked for me... No need to do the last bit of reloading the app

• We were able to fix this bug by simply enabling Siri. If Siri is disabled, go to Settings > General > Siri and turn Siri on.
  • Tap Settings then Display & Brightness then change Display Zoom View from “Standard” to “Zoomed” or “Zoomed” to “Standard”; depending on your original setting.
  • If the tips above does not solve this problem, try this: Tap Settings; Display & Brightness then tap Display Zoom View and choose Zoomed and tap “Set”. A message will say “Changing Display Doom will restart iPhone” and tap “Use Zoomed”. After your iPhone restart, now tap Standard > Set and “Use Standard.
  • Tap Settings > Display & Brightness then disable “Auto-Brighness”.
  • Restart your device by pressing and holding the on/off button.
  • Force your device to restart by pressing on/off and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo.
  • Remove and reinstall the app that you are having problems with. To do this, tap and hold the app, then tap the ✖ sign when it jiggles. Then go to the App Store and re-download the same app.

Oct 16, 2015 10:33 AM in response to Lovemorem

APPLE! GAH! Every app is doing this, over and over. Sometimes I have to relaunch 2-3 times before it'll work. It's also giving me a black screen with incoming calls. I have no way to answer. This is my business phone, and it's making it incredibly difficult when I can't answer my clients, I can't open my scheduling app, and god forbid I can't open instagram. I've checked my settings, Siri is already on, I've done the ridiculous zoom view and restart suggestion, and I've reset all settings. It's still a problem.

How to resolve black screen just before opening an app in IOS9; Iphone 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.