Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 9 calendar bug

When entering events into the calendar, the app will glitch (not crash); it behaves oddly and/or becomes unresponsive. In saying "behaving oddly" I mean that you can tap other dates on the calendar, sometimes it will respond in switching to the day but not highlight it or let me do anything with it. Then other times it won't do anything and just remains completely unresponsive, not allowing any movement between dates. I close the app then re-open it and then it works again. It's not the end of the world but it is kind of an annoying glitch to have in the 9th iteration of the OS. Come on Apple! Please fix this glitch or I will have to maintain another calendar and if I have to do that then I will simply use another calendar and not yours.

iPhone 5 running ios9.

iPhone 5, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 6:29 AM

26 replies

Sep 28, 2015 3:09 PM in response to divad_08

I use the calendar as my reminders so I often create events with alerts. I have found that when changing the alert settings (i.e. alert at 30 minutes, 1 hour 2 days etc) it will often revert back to the default I have set of 30 minutes no matter how often I change it manually or if I add a second alert it will make both alerts identical. Super frustrating

Sep 29, 2015 5:16 AM in response to divad_08

My wife found that we now have to "double tap" on a day from the month view to switch to the day view. Once she told me that, it worked every time (that I remember). The problem is that I'm so used to a single tap, that I usually forget, and it gets annoying.

I too have the issue with the alerts not setting to what I want. Especially when I try to use both alert options on an event.

Sep 30, 2015 7:05 AM in response to MarcelinoHV

The double tap "solution" is hit and miss. Works sometimes, not others. And seems to mostly not work on weekend dates. Go figure.

Makes absolutely no sense why Apple would employ a double tap on only this one function (monthly calendar to day calendar) when not any other function in the calendar, which is still a single tap.

Definitely a problem that needs to be resolved.

Sep 30, 2015 8:49 AM in response to clf_24

With my iPhone 4, this double tap solution simply does not work. A single tap, if you first hit the most left-hand side icon at the top of the calendar page, will generate a list of appts at the bottom of the page, but this is not what I have seen in the past nor desire. If I rotate the entire phone sideways (i.e. landscape), you do get a screen that allows adding appts by touch, etc.

Maybe it's just my very outdated phone attempting to work with newer software. I'm waiting for the iPhone 20! -:)

Oct 2, 2015 4:25 AM in response to divad_08

It definitely looks like a bug. Double tapping doesn't work for me. Also, if I do get a response at all, it seems to skip back to the last month but keeps all the dates correct for the current month. How weird is that? What I have to do now is tap the + sign for a new event and remember to change the date to the right day. Not good. Not intuitive. Amazing this got past Apple before they released it, it's such a basic fault. Apple get so much right that it's astonishing they can sometimes get something so badly wrong!

ios 9 calendar bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.