Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to iOS 9 I can't copy and paste any more. The print doesn't turn blue

SSince upgrading to iOS 9 I can't copy and paste any more. I can't get the print to turn blue to get the copy option up

anyone any suggestions ?

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 2:33 AM

ME too - and no replies yet so are we missing something simple? I wonder what else IOS 9 will throw at us? For instance I just tried to go back and sort an error and the cursor didn't go in where I needed it too so had to delete and retype. Can someone help?

12 replies

Sep 22, 2015 2:56 AM in response to christinefromwigan

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

Oct 23, 2015 8:30 AM in response to thunderzzz

I tried resetting the phone and it did not help.
The only way to get copy and paste to work is to do it twice on each attempt. In line that means that when you open the app that you want to copy from you tap on the screen and it will highlight one word in blue. After it highlights one word in blue you tap the screen again which clears the copy and paste function then you tap and hold and highlight and blue again and then the copy function appears.

So yeah this is a glitch that the iOS nine needs to fix

Nov 26, 2015 4:32 PM in response to christinefromwigan

I do basic level 1 troubleshooting for our iPad fleet at work and just had a consultant with this same issue. They were comparing it to a device still running iOS8 saying "It works on the old one but not the new one". Turned out to be user error, kind of - the person was using two fingers at the same time to select an area of text (Apparently something you could do on iOS 8). I'm assuming apple removed this functionality? Anyway, I told her to just double tap the word and drag the selectors out and she was fine.

So if you're trying to use two fingers at once to select the text, stop it.

Dec 13, 2015 10:29 AM in response to christinefromwigan

The same is true on the MacBook and iMac. IOS has prevented "paste" when dealing with it in notes. However, if you need to "copy - paste" something into "notes" on MacBook or iMac, after you pull up "notes" in iCloud or from the dashboard, you may paste something from clipboard to notes using the shortcut keys "command" and the letter "v" to paste. I couldn't get "right click" methods to work but this did.

Since upgrading to iOS 9 I can't copy and paste any more. The print doesn't turn blue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.