Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone power off slider not working

1. My WHOLE iPhone touchscreen isn't working, except for the assistive touch.

2. I can't access my home screen either, because I ran out of tries for the touch ID thing and can't enter my password (phone screen not working)

3. I can't slide to power off as well (phone screen not working)

How do I turn off my phone? I only have assistive touch now 😟

Tried pressing the power and home button tgt but only got the 'Slide to power off page'... But I can't slide it cus the bloody touch screen just jammed ughhh.

I'm using iPhone 5s iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 8:38 AM

Howdy sas0430,

It sounds like nothing is working on your touchscreen but Assistive Touch. The force restart you were attempting was logical but it looks like it was done incorrectly. You need to hold the buttons down rather than just press them:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

After that if the touchscreen is still unresponsive, I would have to recommend you use the troubleshooting in this article for additional assistance:

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, let us know how that goes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2015 8:38 AM in response to sas0430

Howdy sas0430,

It sounds like nothing is working on your touchscreen but Assistive Touch. The force restart you were attempting was logical but it looks like it was done incorrectly. You need to hold the buttons down rather than just press them:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

After that if the touchscreen is still unresponsive, I would have to recommend you use the troubleshooting in this article for additional assistance:

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, let us know how that goes.

iPhone power off slider not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.