Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot no more Final Cut Pro on my MacBook Pro. Is it because it is also on my IMac where I can open il correctly?

1. I cannot no more use Final Cut Pro on my MacBook Pro because it is impossible to open it. Is it because it is also on my IMac where I can open it correctly?

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 10:06 AM

No, you are allowed to have it on one desktop and one laptop that you own.

There must be something wrong with the installation on your MBP.

Did you copy it across from your iMac, as that won't work . . . you have to install it from the DVDs.

One last thought, what version is it and what Operating System are you using on your MBP . . . could be your MBP's OS is too new for legacy FCP.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2015 10:06 AM in response to jeanmichelnantua

No, you are allowed to have it on one desktop and one laptop that you own.

There must be something wrong with the installation on your MBP.

Did you copy it across from your iMac, as that won't work . . . you have to install it from the DVDs.

One last thought, what version is it and what Operating System are you using on your MBP . . . could be your MBP's OS is too new for legacy FCP.

Sep 20, 2015 11:06 AM in response to jeanmichelnantua

You are licensed to install it on two computers that you own and are in control of, but both installations cannot be run at the same time.

To do so (legally) you would need two different serial numbers.

If this is not your problem, post back with additional information as to what happens when you attempt to start up the second installation.

MtD

Sep 24, 2015 9:48 PM in response to Ian R. Brown

Thank you for your kind answer.

My MBP is Version 10.6.8.

Final Cut Studio : 3.0 retail

When I bought FCS, it runs correctly on my MBP.

Since the problem, I installed it again three times with no success. Each times, ID was not asked for.

When I try to open FNC, it runs correctly till almost the end (75 %) , but it does not open, installation is stopped and automatically come back on Finder .

Thank you for your kind attention,

Jean Michel Pernod

I cannot no more Final Cut Pro on my MacBook Pro. Is it because it is also on my IMac where I can open il correctly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.