Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3gs Restore Error 3 Help!

Hello,

I got a broken iphone of ebay and i fixed the broken digilizer it had and i tried to turn it on but it did not do anything.

I then tryed charging it but all it did was show the apple logo for about 10 seconds then it will go away and keep doing that.

So i plugged it in my pc and it did the same this. i read up about dfu and recovery mode so i plugged in the phone and stright away put it in dfu mode so i did this and shift clicked on restore and used the ipsw version 6.1.6 i did this i had error codes i fixed the host file and went to argos and got a new usb cable and fixed them 2 errors but im left with error number 1600 btw im using itunes 9.1.1.12 as it helped fix a diffrent error. next i tryed recovery mode using this i get error code 3. what do i do does anyone know any fixes?

Windows 7 (I was on 10 but the iphone drivers did not work on that so had to downgrade)

64bit

8GB Ram

iTunes 9.1.1.12

Please Help

iPhone 3GS, Windows 7, Error Codes

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 7:27 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 3gs Restore Error 3 Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.