Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Never iCloud user: how to stop 'Your iCloud session has expired' messages in iTunes12?

I wouldn't have updated my iPad to iOS9 if I'd realized it was going to force an update to iTunes 12 (unbelievable that updating VIA iTunes 11 did not prompt a warning about this!). But actually the update iTunes 11 to 12 wasn't so bad except for one thing:

"Your iCloud session has expired."

Over and over, the prompts pop up to enter my AppleID. I have NEVER been an iCloud user, have not enabled iTunes Match or Apple Radio or any Cloud-dependent features, so obviously this prompt is about something else.

I see discussions about how to deal with this that make reference to doing something in Safari. I only use Safari for sites that will not work with Firefox, and I reset it to delete all data--cookies, history, cache--after every single use. It should not be relevant here.

In iTunes preferences, I have unchecked 'show Apple Music' and disabled everything I could see that might prompt connection to the cloud—Podcasts, Internet Radio, iTunes Store, Apple Music Connect, Shared Libraries. None of those steps have shut it up.

How do I get rid of this warning that requires me to sign into a nonexistent account?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 10:01 AM

3 replies

Sep 20, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Donot Haveone

Update: playing further with this, entering my appleID password does not keep it from asking again, frequently.

And just opening iTunes, without opening Safari, adds an apple cookie to a previously pristine, data-free Safari when I open it again. What is up with that? Why does iTunes give a bleepity-bleep what I do with Safari and Safari's cookies?

Oct 13, 2015 2:47 PM in response to habana

I don't think it is happening so often anymore, and I have no idea what I did that slowed it down. I just realized (after being notified of this post) that it hasn't bugged me for a while, but I can't say if that has been 2-3 days or 2 weeks. I still have no iCloud account; and I have logged into, and out of, the Apple store a couple of times to download updates of various iOS apps; and I still keep Safari cookie-free between uses.

Never iCloud user: how to stop 'Your iCloud session has expired' messages in iTunes12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.