Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gamecenter not working post ios 9 update, help please

I recently updated my iPad 2 to IOS 9. I have a few problems since like it being very sluggish and non responsive, but my BIGGEST issue is that GameCenter no longer works and thus my gamecenter games no longer work either at all or correctly with friends connected. in settings, when I go to gamecenter is does not do anything, just a black screen with the spinning circle. If I open gamecenter, its the same thing a blank screen with the spinning circle, no matter how long I leave it this is the case.

From my game, depending on the game it may not load at all and be unplayable (Dragonvale gets stuck on the splash screen on the splash page and I never get the "welcome to gamecenter message". Other games may load but not connect with gamecenter and depending on the game not getting& giving help from gamecenter friends is rather boring.

I have had other apps crash as well since the update (e.g., weatherbug, Flixster)

Please help. Is there a fix? Will the first IOS 9 update fix the gamecenter connection issue?

do I need to attempt a return to the old IO system and how long of a window do I have to do that?

I have googled this problem and there are lots of us with it, please help.

iPad 2, iOS 9, null

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 10:50 AM

5 replies

Sep 27, 2015 7:20 AM in response to eleclady

i was having the same issue on my iphone and one of my family's ipads. I finally found that in settings the automatic time update had been turned off (presumably during the update?). Putting it back on mostly fixed the issue.... when it reoccurred on my phone, i checked settings and the automatic time setting had reverted to off.

I don't know if it'll work for anyone else, but it seems worth a try before you downgrade to ios 8.4.1 or set up your device as new....

Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically (slide on, so it shows green)

I went into gamecenter settings and into gamecenter both after doing this - it was slow the first time but at least it worked and the games worked afterwards. I powered the iphone off and on but not the ipad - both worked. I'm not sure you need to go into gamecenter settings or gamecenter, but i thought i would mention i had done so in case it matters.

Nov 9, 2015 1:10 PM in response to Tigghiker

I Just recently got 6S Plus....did a backup of my 5s...updates 6s plus...and when I restored to 6S plus all my games and apps started at the beginning again...take clash of clans for example...started at the tutorial already signed in with my Game Center then after the tutorial it asks if u want to load the saved village....(happened when I restored to 5s)....but it never did that...so I closed clash, logged out of GC..rebooted phone...logged in...then opened clash through GC....still nothing....but then when I go onto my iPad with the same GC account my actually game comes up but now keeps asking me if I want to load the brand new game....so it seems to have reversed synced...used my alternate GC account after reinstalling clash and the exact same thing is happening....GC just doesn't want to sync....it has all my achievements and my score....just isn't loading the actual saves.....anyone know how to solve this....been struggling 3 days now....any help is greatly appreciated

May 2, 2016 11:33 AM in response to eleclady

All,

i tried all the suggestions here and nothing worked until I tried something different today. I have 2 Apple IDs, due to being a long time Apple user and also subscribing to MobileMe, prior to icloud. What I decided to do today was use my 2nd Apple ID in Gamecenter instead of my primary one, attached to my main email. I logged in with it, and then created a new Gamecenter account. After completing account setup, I went back to my GC preferences inside Settings, then logged out, and logged back in with my primary, original email. Voila! Gamecenter returned back to normal 100% with all my old games loading properly, as they have bewn doing on my iPad.

if you've tried everything else, and nothing has worked, try this. Hopefully it will fix you issue like it did mine.

Gamecenter not working post ios 9 update, help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.