Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the real volume of Alchemy?

Hello.

When I select Alchemy Sound Library ------it shows 14.1 GB.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

But on the bottom it shows 18.9 GB. At the same time the total sam is much biger.

1.What is the real wolume of Alchemy?

2. As I do not see a choice to which drive to install, is it that it must be internal HD only?

I'd like to install them on an external driver instead.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Master -Mac Mini 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8 GB, System HD on Toshiba 500 GB, Mac OS X 10.10.5. Logic PRO X(10.2), RME FIREFACE UFX,

———

Slave -MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB, Systen on Intel SSD 180 GB, Mac OS X 10.10.5. VI Pro 2, VE Pro 5, VSL Sounds, VS, MIR PRO,

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7,16GB

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 11:06 AM

4 replies

Sep 20, 2015 12:32 PM in response to resopmoc

1) You have something else selected in the Additional Download Content window... in addition to the Alchemy Content...

Check all categories including those behind all the disclosure triangles... as there are also some updates to other sections included as well. which accounts for the increase in the total download size...

2) You can install to an external HD but this requires the use of Symbolic Links (SymLinks...)

https://gigaom.com/2011/04/27/how-to-create-and-use-symlinks-on-a-mac/

Note: Make a full clone backup of your Hard drive before working with Symlinks..

Do not use Aliases instead as they are known to cause issues upon updating OS X and / or LPX

Additional: In some cases its easier to download and install everything to your System Drive first and then use Symlinks to relocate the data you wish to move... afterwards.

Symlinks are not for the faint of heart! If you are not experienced in using Terminal then only proceed once you understand what you are doing and what the possible consequences of what you are doing, are.

Finally.... Again, make sure you have a full clone backup you can restore from if you mess things up... (Use Carbon Copy Cloner for example, to achieve this)

What is the real volume of Alchemy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.