Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 User Manual

I just downloaded iOS 9 to my iPhone 5c. Wanted to update my user manual and PRINT it. Couldn't do that. I went to iTunes and they wanted me to use iThis and iThat and iAround-the-Barn. I would like to download a PDF (or similar) to my Windows computer so I can print it out.

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 1:51 PM

Please get iPhone User Guide for iOS 9 by Apple Inc. on iBooks

21 replies

Sep 20, 2015 1:47 PM in response to dmflagg

dmflagg wrote:

I just downloaded iOS 9 to my iPhone 5c. Wanted to update my user manual and PRINT it. Couldn't do that. I went to iTunes and they wanted me to use iThis and iThat and iAround-the-Barn. I would like to download a PDF (or similar) to my Windows computer so I can print it out.

At this time, there isn't a PDF available. You'll either need to read it through iBooks or through Safari.

Sep 20, 2015 2:17 PM in response to dmflagg

Apple does not produce paper manuals any longer. They also have taken to producing manuals for iDevices and computers via iBooks, so there are not freestanding PDF versions to download. So if you want a manual you will have to do with iBooks as we all do. I prefer paper, but the world changes, so I have to change with it. At 73 it's not easy, but it is possible. 🙂

Sep 20, 2015 2:37 PM in response to Michael Black

I downloaded the User Manual through iTunes, but it wouldn't let me read it because, I guess, iBooks is not in iTunes. The only other Apple devices I have is my iPhone 5c and an iPod. The screens on these devices is so small as to make reading useless. I was able to download and print iOS 7 manual when I purchased my iPhone, but I guess now Apple wants all of us to float around in the Apple universe or nothing. I wonder if Android is better?

Sep 20, 2015 3:07 PM in response to dmflagg

dmflagg wrote:

I downloaded the User Manual through iTunes, but it wouldn't let me read it because, I guess, iBooks is not in iTunes. The only other Apple devices I have is my iPhone 5c and an iPod. The screens on these devices is so small as to make reading useless. I was able to download and print iOS 7 manual when I purchased my iPhone, but I guess now Apple wants all of us to float around in the Apple universe or nothing. I wonder if Android is better?

If you downloaded the manual via the iTunes Store on your iPhone or iPad then the manual was actually placed into iBooks automatically. Again, iBooks is the default app for ebooks purchased via Apple (the download in the iTunes Store even says clearly that iBooks 1.5 is required to read the download). iBooks is on your phone and iPad - it is included with iOS 9 and as an included app it cannot be deleted. That is where you will find your download. If you don't see it then search for it.

Oct 1, 2015 10:11 PM in response to dmflagg

I'm with you dmflagg!

Reading from a bright phone/laptop screen is fine for few pages/minutes but not for hundreds of pages/minutes.

I'm sure most people don't read manuals cover-to-cover but I like to, with highlighter pen at the ready. :-)

I've even delayed upgrading to iOS 9 because I can't get hold of a printed iOS 9 user guide.

I'll probably weaken after not-much-longer & upgrade regardless but, despite Kappy's strident advice, I know I shall miss having my own marked-up, dog-eared, coffee-stained user manual.

iOS 9 User Manual

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.