Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart cover not working after IOS 9 update

It seems that the smart cover feature is not working on my Ipad air (3) after the latest IOS9 update. Everything seems to set right in the settings but after the update it stays on when the cover is closed....Anyone else having this issue and if so is there a fix?

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 3:50 PM

I am also having this issue, there must be a bug with iOS 9. When I close my Smart Cover I'm getting a low single click noise, rather than the loud double click noise I was getting before the update, and my device doesn't go to sleep. I'm also having problems with the volume indicator. For the time being, I'm not using my Smart Cover and I'm putting my device to sleep with the side button. All I can think of is report this to product support and hopefully it gets fixed in the next update.

IPad 4, iOS 9

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2015 3:50 PM in response to Swirll360

I am also having this issue, there must be a bug with iOS 9. When I close my Smart Cover I'm getting a low single click noise, rather than the loud double click noise I was getting before the update, and my device doesn't go to sleep. I'm also having problems with the volume indicator. For the time being, I'm not using my Smart Cover and I'm putting my device to sleep with the side button. All I can think of is report this to product support and hopefully it gets fixed in the next update.

IPad 4, iOS 9

smart cover not working after IOS 9 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.