Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Classic appears in iTunes but will not sync. I receive the following errors - The iPod cannot be synced because it cannot be found. iPod cannot be synced because the disk is not available.

Greetings,

When I connect my iPod Classic (80GB) to iTunes, it shows that it is syncing. I make changes to the playlists I want to add to the iPod, select apply or sync and receive the following errors:

The iPod (name of iPod) cannot be synced because it cannot be found.

The iPod (name of iPod) cannot be synced because the disk is not available.

The iPod appears in iTunes during these errors.

I am running Window's 7, iPod software is up to date (version 1.1.2)

iTunes software is up to date (version 12.3.0.44).

I have over 5 GB available free space on the iPod.

I have switched out the chords, connected to different USB ports on my computer, and gone to the Apple website to download iTunes to be sure I have the latest version. The iPod plays fine on my iHome.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 2:54 AM

I have the same problem too, everytime i connect my ipod classic to itunes it always disconnect by itself. i have an ipod nano too but it works in my itunes, doesn"t have a problem with it. The same problem is everytime disconnect the itunes always freeze.

12 replies

Sep 30, 2015 7:34 AM in response to jenniefromdunwoody

In addition you may need to rename some files in your ipod.

1. Connect your iPod then open Windows Explorer and check if it is being detected as a disk drive. (You will the iPod icon and its name)

2. If YES, then unhide all folders and files in the view tab.

3. Go to iPod_control\iTunes then look for the iTunesDB file and rename it for example "iTunesDB_1" whatever you want.

4. Eject your iPod then connect it again then open iTunes it should be read already and you need to restore. iTunes will create another iTunesDB file for you and you can delete the renamed iTunesDB file.

Sep 30, 2015 6:40 PM in response to jenniefromdunwoody

This worked for me on Windows 7:

1. Right click on Norton icon in the tray (lower right of screen) and select "Disable Smart Firewall"

2. Right click Norton again and select "Disable Auto-Protect"

3. Restart computer.

4. Open iTunes.

5: Plug in iPod.

ITunes should now recognize the device and allow you to sync it, restore it, whatever you want to do. Unfortunately you have to do this every time you want to sync.

I have no idea if this will work for anyone else but it worked for me. Good luck!

My iPod Classic appears in iTunes but will not sync. I receive the following errors - The iPod cannot be synced because it cannot be found. iPod cannot be synced because the disk is not available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.