Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i updated ios9 and it has a white screen and says slide to upgrade...

I updated ios 9 on my 4s I phone and it worked half way and it only got to a white screen that says slide to upgrade, what do I do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 3:02 PM

2 replies

Sep 20, 2015 7:25 PM in response to anita.newland

A solution found from here iPhone 5 Stuck on slide to upgrade after iOS 9 update..

I have tried it and it works!

Here's the solution:

Finally fixed it! You have to downgrade to 8.4.1. Outlined the steps below.

Step 1 - Backup your pictures! Even though you can't get to your phone and use it you should still be able to backup your pictures

Step 2 - Download IOS 8.4.1 for your iPhone or iPad from this site --> https://ipsw.me/8.4.1

The file was taking a while to download for my phone so I searched the filename on Google and downloaded from Mega.

Step 3 - Reboot phone into DFU mode - hold down power button and home button - when it reboots let go of power button - still hold home button

At this point it will ask you to connect your phone to iTunes - will have to connect phone to the computer.

Step 4 - Hold down the Option (Mac) or Shift (Windows) and and then click restore.

Step 5 - Browse to the 8.4.1 file you downloaded and select it. This should restore to the previous IOS version. Note: This will wipe phone.

Step 6 - Restore from backup. Hope that you backed up before attempting to update.

And someone suggested an alternative for Step 4-5 to "update" instead of "restore" which should save a lot of time or help those who didn't have a backup. (I restored a 32GB iPhone 5s for more than 2 hours!). I didn' try this though.

Step 4 - Hold down the Option (Mac) or Shift (Windows) and and then click UPDATE (VERY IMPORTANT. DO NOT HIT RESTORE).

Step 5 - Browse to the 8.4.1 file you downloaded and select it. This should Update to the previous IOS version and you will be back in business. Note: This WILL NOT wipe phone.

i updated ios9 and it has a white screen and says slide to upgrade...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.