Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm still having trouble with Error 7 (Windows error 193) - Sept 2015

Hello,

I've followed all the instructions on this thread (If you see Error 7 (Windows error 193) when you try to install iTunes for Windows - Apple Support) and this one (Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support), and still no luck fixing the issue.

I'm running Windows 7 - 64bit, and I've already checked and I'm up to date on system updates as of (9/20/2015). I've followed the instructions on the two links above 3 times now.

Is there anything else I can do?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 5:06 PM

2 replies

Oct 28, 2016 4:45 AM in response to seabass5

I had the exactly same problem - followed the guide at If you see Error 7 (Windows error 193) when you try to install iTunes for Windows - Apple Support as well. Finally I did a ProcMon on ITunesHelper.exe - and the above guide should not be followed - instead just add the following to your windows PATH (assuming windows 10 64Bit and c:\) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support

You can use a tool like Rapid Environment Editor (remember to run as Administrator)

Apple - Please fix so the installer sets the PATH correct and can find your shared app files on windows 10 - I actually think MS have changed the way it resolves the Common Files folders.

As soon as I did the above it worked as expected.

I'm still having trouble with Error 7 (Windows error 193) - Sept 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.