Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest ver. itunes. How do Add a folder to the Library?

Check that. How do I even get to the library. Everything is the latest (hah! & greatest). I click "my Music" I get an mostly empty window with "Go to the ITunes Store" and "Scan for Media' GttITS works ok. SfM gives no indication that is indeed doing what it says it would do. The help gives no indication if, indeed, scan for media would actually search all drives attached to the machine _and_ you can click away without any warning like "Scanning for Media isn't done...."

So, there is an option (like the old days) "add file to Library" oh! and it actually support multiple file adds. Fine, But where is "Add folder to library"? Too convenient for users Apple? So I've got to go into Add file to library and individually select each of the NNN folders and add? Yeah, it did let me select all the folders I want to add from the "root" but on "open" it only just opened the listed last folder so I could ctrl-A all the items.

Now that I've ranted, am I missing something here? I don't think so, its a pretty spare interface, but I know its possible. Its amazing how IT seems to be getting worse rather than better -- it used to be just a bit bizarre in file-handling, now it seems the entire product is scratch.

eg. Why can't it list my library (even when its empty), similar to my ipod music listing (its empty now, and shows as such).

If there's a tutorial of some sort out I'd love to give it a shot. anybody know of one? Anybody have any clues on where to find the more efficient options/dialogs for loading a library?

thanks

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 7:35 PM

2 replies

Latest ver. itunes. How do Add a folder to the Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.