Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting error to repair library when we switch between users? Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Hi we use one library and share it between three users. When I log on after my wife I have to repair the library and vice versa . Please help.

iMac with Retina 5K display, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 10:06 PM

1 reply

Sep 20, 2015 10:23 PM in response to MPJustice

When I log on after my wife I have to repair the library and vice versa . Please help.

If you access a Photos Library and edit photos, you are changing the ownership of some files inside the Photos library. Whoever accesses the library will change the access rights and ownership of files. Repairing the library will make it possible again to work with the library from a different user account.

For iPhoto Libraries it helped to move the library to an external drive and to enable the flag "Ignore Ownership" for this drive. Have you tried this? It needs to be a locally mounted external drive or a separate disk partition, because you cannot enable "Ignore Ownership" on your system drive.

See this link: iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users

Getting error to repair library when we switch between users? Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.