Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 sluggish on ipad 2

IOS 9 is severely sluggish on my iPad 2.

Apps hang for up to a minute before UNHanging. Activity can still be happening on screen, but there is no control over the device until it unhangs.

iPad 2

Capacity 12.9 GB

Available 3.8 GB

Version 9.0 (13A344)

Model MC979LL/A

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 9:15 PM

3 replies

Nov 1, 2015 10:19 AM in response to mightymen2013

Issues with iOS 9 on older iDevices is not, necessarily, an Apple issue, but issues with your indvidual iDevice.

I have upgraded/updated 4 older iPad models to iOS 9 with no real issues. iOS 9.1 is running fine on all the devices I upgraded.

Try resetting All Settings found in the Settings App under General and in the right column under Reset.

Try resetting histories and deleting/resetting caches in all of the web browsers you use.

If you use Safari, these functions maybe l in the Settings App under Safari.

Other web browsers have their settings inside of the running app, itself.

Try turning on Reduced Motion.

This is found in the Settings App in the General tab the left panel.

In the right panel look under Accessibility, the look for Reduce Motion and turn this feature "On".

You should see an appreciable performance increase on all iPad 2, 3 and 4 models.

In the Settings App under the General Tab, in the right column, look for Background App Refresh and turn this setting to "off".

Try a reset of your iPad by holdings down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

Good Luck!

iOS 9 sluggish on ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.