Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error with iOS9 iTunes could not sync notes to iPhone because the iPhone disconnected

Since iOS9 upgrade: When using iTunes to sync with PC get error message: iTunes could not sync notes to iPhone because the iPhone disconnected

iPhone 5, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 12:05 PM

I am having this same issue. The update created a mess out of my notes, duplicated them and change the formatting on half of the notes. But worst is now it's not syncing at all, after I have cleaned them up and removed the duplicates.

61 replies

Sep 26, 2015 7:06 PM in response to johnfromkelso

I use iPhone 5S with IOS 9.01 with iTunes 12.3.0.44, from the iTunes version 12.2.2.25 does not appear the option to synchronize accounts of post office and notes although it is true that if ralizaba the synchronization correctly.Desde that updates IOS 9.0.1 gives an error after the notes synchronize and for me that the synchronization of the accounts of mail they do not work either. I hope that they should solve it for me it is important.

http://img661.imageshack.us/img661/5730/hctAW9.jpg

Saludos

Sep 27, 2015 9:19 PM in response to johnfromkelso

In case it helps, I did not have this problem immediately after upgrading to IOS9.0.1. The problem started after I went into the Notes applet and agreed to convert my notes to the new format.

Also, I notice that now some of my notes say they are from my email address and others say they are from my PC. I don't understand this since all of my notes were originally created on my iPhone with no particular folder. Is there some way to merge these two sources back?

Sep 28, 2015 2:09 AM in response to wocruc

This didn't happen to me. Simply..with new version it doesn't sync Notes and says that "the iphone has disconnected" (?). I figure out that it has nothing to do with notes versions. Maybe the firs time you made a sync you created the first backup and you did not notice it...

In any case....this is an iOS bug which should be corrected FROM APPLE..I have notes created since iphone 5 and did work well...why is not synchcing now?.......they should try iOS to be REALLY stable.

To put only "fashion" changes (with same looking) if then is not stable is not a good decission.

Apple is not doing well things since 2 years ago...when the iphones are in fact the same year after year and some samall changes comes with bugs (I miss the years when innovation was pretty, and usability and stability made the difference with Apple...this is gone...)

Error with iOS9 iTunes could not sync notes to iPhone because the iPhone disconnected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.