Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod detected but could not be identified Properly

what the heck is going on? after i downloaded and installed iTunes 12.3 my Windows 10 PC says, "An iPod has been detected but could not be identified properly. please disconnect and reconnect ipod and try again. If problems persist, uninstall itunes and install again." This is B.S. because when i had 12.2 it has worked absolutely fine and then ya'll go screwing around with stuff again and it stops working. Every time ya'll update itunes for Windows, it's always something new. I need a link to download 12.2 and I'm going to disable all pop ups to install 12.3 until ya'll can prove to me that this crap isn't going to happen again. There was absolutely nothing wrong with 12.2 Everything was working 100% in my opinion. Sometimes I believe companies need to make sure that stuff works before they make people download the next update to a software. Especially if they know something is wrong with it. Push out to people who can literally play around with to make sure nothing is going on so people like me who buy $10-20 worth of music every single week don't have to leave a smart *** comment such as this on a website when there was nothing wrong with the last version of the software.

oh and as above I did both instructions and it still couldn't be identified properly. i just want the 12.2 download link. we should also have the choice to block them stupid pop ups every time we open itunes. I get sick of seeing them. they're really annoying. When something doesn't have bugs, don't change it. If it does have bugs that some people are reporting make sure it completely works before you give people that constant pop up to update their software. Thanks.

-****** Off iPod Nano Owner.

iPod nano, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 11:14 PM

3 replies

Oct 18, 2015 3:27 PM in response to JDFISNOTW116

Maybe ***** Off iPod Nano Owner could have broached the subject matter in a more diplomatic way, but his points are right on, 100% correct. I, too, have 2 nanos that are no longer recognized by my pc's library after downloading windows 10 and iTunes 12.3. Earlier, my iTunes wouldn't play music that I bought from the iStore with a no longer in existence email account. So here i am doing everything by the book, and around $200 of music is kept from me because I canceled an email account. I buy their products, and now they are not recognized.

The lack of response speaks volumes to me that Apple 1) doesn't really care about our inconveniences, and 2) the one, sole employee they MAY have on the case doesn't know how to remedy the situation.

Because I can't depend on Apple, I am in the long, drawn out process of converting my MP4 files into mp3, so I can hear my purchases on other devices. It's a pain in the butt. Apple has no excuse. They just need to get it fixed and we, as customers, should be very wary about updating iTunes, especially when they don't let you reinstall a previous version!

iPod detected but could not be identified Properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.