Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving "No mPD cable" message when connecting my Mac Pro to Dell U2715H monitor

I receive a "no mDP cable" message when connecting my Mac Pro Mid 2012 computer to a new Dell U2715H monitor. I have a Mac Pro mid 2012 computer with OS X 10.10.5 with two 2.4 GHz 6 core Intel Exon processor and an ATI Radeon HD 5870 video card.

I replaced the mDP to DP cable that came with the monitor and still receive the "No mPD cable" message on the Dell monitor. I also tried the second mDP port on the video card with no success. I inserted the cables several times to ensue a proper connection was made. The Dell computer appears to work as it shows the error message on the screen.

My second monitor, a Samsung S27D390, works fine using either mDP port using a mDP to HDMI cable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 8:37 PM

Seems like a defective monitor since you tried two different cable.

Does the mDP input on the monitor work with another computer?

3 replies

Receiving "No mPD cable" message when connecting my Mac Pro to Dell U2715H monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.