Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A big battery drain problem after updating to iOS 9

I have a huge battery drain problem after updating from iOS8 to iOS 9 on my iPhone 6.

I have tried all suggested solutions shown on a lot of forum discussions as- soft reset, hard reset, erasing everything and starting fresh, following battery usage, "letting the system to get to know new surroundment" Nothing helped!

I thought iOS 9 was supposed to extend battery life for an extra hour, on the contrary, I have 4-5hours less active usage. Before I could go up to 10 hours and battery wasn't even empty, now I can barely reach 6.

Anyone have a solution? Some new update coming up to fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 3:02 AM

12 replies

Sep 21, 2015 3:04 AM in response to NemoVucko

You may try to use low power mode: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-use-low-power-mode-on-ios-9/

Try to follow the instructions on this page in order to maximize your battery life: https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/ios-82-battery-life-problems-how-fix-quick-drain-is sues-iphone-ipad-and-ipod-422229

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

You may also try to reset all settings: go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

You may also try to follow these steps:

1. Navigate to settings/general/ battery usage. Check the applications. This will show you which app eats up your battery.

2. Turn off iCloud keychain: Navigate to Settings/ iCloud/Keychain / turn it off.

3. Limit apps activity on the background: Navigate to Settings/ general/ Background App refresh/ turn it off for each application which uses to much power.

4. Disable auto brightness: Navigate to settings/ display and brightness/ auto-brightness. Turn this option off.

Sep 21, 2015 6:57 AM in response to NemoVucko

I have the same problem. I had the beta versions of ios9 from the first incarnation months ago and this was a massive problem right from the start. I reported it to Apple many times and very little changed. That was via the beta reporting app, too. Many people have the same problem to the point where apple stopped allowing reviews of ios9 due to such bad press. They seem to have done nothing. I can't suggest anything as nothing worked for me for months. Currently getting less than half a day with light use.

Sep 21, 2015 11:54 PM in response to NemoVucko

HI,

ich have the same Problem with my battery on my iphone 6 64GB. I got a brand new iPhone!!!!! and i updated it to ios9 right after unboxing. I started the iPhone as a new one and installed my favorite apps and sync. my Fotos. Now my battery life lasts for arround 5-6 hours of usage. A friend of mine how also has a iphone 6 is getting about 9-10 hours usage on ios 8.4.1 and his iphone is one year old!!!!

I think I downgrade to ios 8.4.1 and give it a try. I hope ios9.1 will help to solve the problm.

By the way, I also turned off all Background refrehs, gps things and unnecessary sytems Services.

My Benchmark is the 100% usage. On my old 6 plus i got arround 30 min usage at 100% after one year. At the beginning it was arround 1 hour!!!

At least i want to have 30min usage at 100% on my iphone 6 now. But with that battery issue i get 10-15 min.

Is there no solution out yet?

A big battery drain problem after updating to iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.