Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch Screen Problems since iOS 9

Anyone else having issues with Touch Screen responsiveness since iOS 9 install?

Ranging from flat out won't do anything to, taking over my phone and doing things that I'm not even touching. Its like its possessed at times. This is much more than the slide screen issue that people are having problems with.

I've tried a full restore using iTunes but still the same. Thinking of trying iOS 9.1 Beta but not sure if this would fix it or not if Apple haven't identified it as a bug.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 5:51 AM

2 replies

Sep 22, 2015 5:17 PM in response to graeme.a

I have the same problem on my iPad mini. The only difference is that I haven't had any issues with it "not working at all", but every time I try to open Facebook, I can't scroll down my newsfeed without it taking me to my profile page and the search bar and the keyboard popping up. It's to the point where I can't use it at all because it just does whatever it wants. I try to select one thing and it does another. I've updated all of the actual apps and nothing has worked...so I know it's not the apps. Everything was working fine up until I installed iOS 9. Please help!!!

Dec 1, 2015 5:33 AM in response to rsorensen92

I was having the exact same issue on my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB since iOS9. In fact, after doing the following per APPLE Support, I still had the issue.

1. Backed up phone

2. Reset to factory defaults (erase all Content and Settings)

3. Restore Phone from Backup

4. Test the phone and with in a few minutes my touch screen would not respond. Lock & Unlock issue gone for the time being.

Again, per APPLE support, did this

1. Reset to Factory defaults (erase all Content and Settings)

2. Setup as a new phone.

3. Before I could even get by the "HELLO" screen, the touch screen would not respond. I had to LOCK and then UNLOCK the phone to get by the very first step.

Apple support said I had faulty hardware, which, I thought, ok, never had issue with the phone until iOS9. Never dropped the phone, never got it wet, but what ever. So, Apple wanted me to take it to an apple store to have the screen replaced for $125/$150 (out of warranty). Fortunately, I have the AT&T protection plan and I have not used it yet since I have had it (over a year). So, I call them and they sent me a BRAND NEW iPhone 6s Plus 128GB as the replacement (for $99). So, I got the phone last night. I set up as a new phone, upgraded to iOS 9.1 and then restored from my backup. This morning, I am starting to notice the same issue on the iPhone 6 Plus phone. However, the touch screen seems to only temporarily become unresponsive, but I can tell there is still something wrong.

So, I find it hard to believe that both my original iPhone 6 and the brand new iPhone 6s have hardware issues. Also, when talking to AT&T support, they seems to be aware of this issue with iOS 9.x, but it seem APPLE thinks it's an hardware issue. Hopefully, with the next iOS update they will fix this and they are not coming out and saying yes, there is a problem.

Touch Screen Problems since iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.