Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocked callers are getting through on iPhone 6 iOS9

Despite blocking callers on my iPhone 6 (iOS9) they are still getting through, ringing and being connected normally as though not blocked.

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 8:55 AM

SImilar issue here. I have an iPhone 6 and have blocked a lot of automated unsolicited callbot numbers successfully, my carrier is AT&T. I upgraded a couple days ago and now today have received a call from a blocked number.

Detail:

After hanging up on the robot call today, I scrolled back through Received to find the prior call from that same number; I found it came in last Wednesday prior to my iOS upgrade. I looked at Info on the Wednesday call record confirming that I do see the option "Unblock this caller" so it was seen as blocked.

Then scrolling back up to today's call from that same phone number (triple checked, it is the same caller ID / phone number in my Recents list) I found that today's record from that same already-blocked number gave me the option to Block This Caller as though it were a different number.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2015 8:55 AM in response to PhilipJM

SImilar issue here. I have an iPhone 6 and have blocked a lot of automated unsolicited callbot numbers successfully, my carrier is AT&T. I upgraded a couple days ago and now today have received a call from a blocked number.

Detail:

After hanging up on the robot call today, I scrolled back through Received to find the prior call from that same number; I found it came in last Wednesday prior to my iOS upgrade. I looked at Info on the Wednesday call record confirming that I do see the option "Unblock this caller" so it was seen as blocked.

Then scrolling back up to today's call from that same phone number (triple checked, it is the same caller ID / phone number in my Recents list) I found that today's record from that same already-blocked number gave me the option to Block This Caller as though it were a different number.

Blocked callers are getting through on iPhone 6 iOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.