Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync contacts from exchange in iOS9

Hello

after upgrading to ios 9 I can't find a way to update my contacts from my Exchange account on my iPhone. Before upgrading there was an option to pull down groups and contacts were updated. But now I've added contacts to my exchange account and they aren't synchronized with my phone.

Please advise

Piotrek

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 7:04 AM

10 replies

Sep 22, 2015 12:43 AM in response to KiltedTim

Ok, I've done that and no luck.

I have other app installed (Outlook) and after adding contacts to Exchange they show in contacts list immediately.

I've talked with guy from our Exchange, and there weren't any changes performed for a long time, especially not connected with iOS 9. Did you done something on your side? Or it was configured and it worked through migration? And do you see in groups possibility to pull down menu to refresh contacts? Because this is something what is missing from previous version of iOS.

Thanks

Sep 25, 2015 12:12 AM in response to kilobyte

We seem to have a similar problem, Sync to Exchange works just fine but changes made in Outlook do not get Synced to iPhone.

This only occures when the Sync Settings are on Fetch, as soon as you change that to push suddenly Sync works.

We tested it on a few Devices with different Mailboxes and Active Sync Versions (14.3 , 15.1 and 16 [Office 365]), with iOs 8.4.1 everything works perfectly fine.

Every other thing gets Synced fine as well Calender Items,Mails.

Sep 25, 2015 12:26 AM in response to kilobyte

restore the backup that you have done previously while updating your ios, if it is not solved ,try to move to the old account and everything will be restored, next l ogout from your old account and login into your new account,so that all the data may move into your new account,try this which is wild guess fir me,there is no problem in trying. if it works then it is fine🙂

How to sync contacts from exchange in iOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.