Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone iOS9 software deleted my notes

I recently updated my iphone 6 to iOS 9. Now, I am trying to view my notes, and all of them are deleted. Where did they go?

Do I need to restore my phone again?

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 12:57 PM

Hi,

I recently came across the same problem. What I realized was that I deleted my Gmail off my Iphone and reinstalled it once iOS 9 was installed. So the notes that I had previously (on iOS 8) were synced to my Gmail account.

So, I went to Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Clicked the Gmail account that I had my notes synced with, and turned on the "Notes" button to the green "on" setting. From there, I waited about 1 minute and when I went into my notes, they were back.

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2015 12:57 PM in response to hugobossatx

Hi,

I recently came across the same problem. What I realized was that I deleted my Gmail off my Iphone and reinstalled it once iOS 9 was installed. So the notes that I had previously (on iOS 8) were synced to my Gmail account.

So, I went to Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Clicked the Gmail account that I had my notes synced with, and turned on the "Notes" button to the green "on" setting. From there, I waited about 1 minute and when I went into my notes, they were back.

Hope this helps.

Oct 7, 2015 9:26 AM in response to jlkjr4

That is exactly what happened to me.

I recently deleted a gmail account off my phone before I upgraded to iOS 9. My Notes were gone after the upgrade (and probably even before that when I deleted the account, but I didn't happen to look until after the upgrade).

I added my original gmail account back in, and the Notes were instantly recovered and available!

Thanks for the tip. 🙂

iphone iOS9 software deleted my notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.