Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9 font size

Hi community

I'm not sure whether this has been dealt with before but since upgrading to iOS9, I've fallen foul of two issues:

1. As I find the standard font size too small to easily read, I've changed my setting to a larger size.

2. My memory is poor, and despite having this iphone for 3 years, I still to this day cannot remember the number.

The workaround used to be that I went to Phone > Contacts and would then see my number displayed at the top. Post upgrade, only the first digit of the number is visible.

I've also noticed that font zoom is inconsistent across phone use: it's of a legible size in contacts but much smaller in favourites and recents.

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:01 AM

This is a big problem for a visually impaired person like me.

in addition:

when making the text larger following apps has no or unusable effect.

-notes, list of notes

-calendar app text

-mail list

-settings app

-safari reading list

-music app

What works best is the messages, because the content doesn't try to stay within a pre specified number of lines. Why this cannot be implemented as a system wide principle? The whole point of making the text larger should be accesibility. If one can only see something like "Bla Bla Bla ......" That is not helping anything. And then we are left to deal with a broken zoom...

I would really like to see Apple paying as detailed attention to accessibility as aesthetic concerns.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 5:01 AM in response to curiouser

This is a big problem for a visually impaired person like me.

in addition:

when making the text larger following apps has no or unusable effect.

-notes, list of notes

-calendar app text

-mail list

-settings app

-safari reading list

-music app

What works best is the messages, because the content doesn't try to stay within a pre specified number of lines. Why this cannot be implemented as a system wide principle? The whole point of making the text larger should be accesibility. If one can only see something like "Bla Bla Bla ......" That is not helping anything. And then we are left to deal with a broken zoom...

I would really like to see Apple paying as detailed attention to accessibility as aesthetic concerns.

Nov 30, 2015 5:36 AM in response to OguzBuyukberber

This is also a very big issue for my wife, which is visually impaired and can only read something when it is big.

In addition to OguzBuyukberber:

- The contacts in the Contacts app are way to close to eachother (the top of contact 2 and bottom of contact 1 are pretty much touching eachother)

- When an enlarged font size is used, it enlarges only 50% of all the fonts. Many are not changed at all or the font is bigger but the field it is in is not (i.e. phone number field when adding a new contact. The field size is based on the very small default font but is using a way larger font and thus not readable)

The accessibility options in iOS 8.4.2 were much much better than they are now in iOS 9, but oh no you cannot go back to an older iOS 😢😢😢.

Why are accessibility options changing with every update? Ever since 8.4.2 to me it looks like the software is getting worse and worse, introducing more issues than it solves. Also, does Apple have any idea how hard it is for the visually impaired to have to learn the looks/feel/control again and again??? They get used to how the phone looks, feels and how they have to control it, and then *BAM* it get's changed. Different font sizes, every time smaller then before (while our eyes get worse and worse). Everything crammed together so it really looks like one big blur (to those visually impaired)

Please Apple, introduce the larger font sizes again, more spacing between the contacts in the contacts app and ios wide font size adjustments (instead of here and there)

Nov 30, 2015 2:38 PM in response to muldereric

muldereric wrote:

This is also a very big issue for my wife, which is visually impaired and can only read something when it is big.

Please Apple, introduce the larger font sizes again, more spacing between the contacts in the contacts app and ios wide font size adjustments (instead of here and there)

This is a user to user forum. Submit feedback to Apple here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

-AJ

IOS 9 font size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.