Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable reminders on lock screen ios 9

How do I prevent my reminders from showing up on my lock screen?

a) This is a complete invasion of privacy as anyone can pick up my phone and see what I need to do

b) My lock screen has my emergency contact information on it which no one can see if I am seriously injured, etc. now.

This is complete nonsense.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 11:31 AM

21 replies

Sep 22, 2015 11:49 AM in response to NYCPrynne

Hello, NYCPrynne.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see you aren't a fan of notifications appearing with personal information on your lock screen. You can modify or disable which applications can display information in Notification Center by going through the steps in the article below.

Turn off and change Notifications settings

If you have an app that could potentially send frequent notifications (like Mail with high-traffic email accounts or Twitter apps), your iOS device could wake frequently to display the notification, and affect battery life. You can disable Show on Lock screen for a particular app in Settings > Notifications, then choose the app and drag to the Do Not Include section.

You can also customize what you see in your Today view. Go to Settings > Notifications, and select which apps you would like to include. You can sort your notifications manually or by time. To sort manually, tap Edit in the upper right corner, select the apps you want, and drag them using the User uploaded file icon. You can drag the apps to the Include or Do Not Include list, and put the apps in your desired order.

About Notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I would need clarification on your second question to answer it correctly. However, it sounds like you want to make sure people can access your emergency information when your device is locked. I would recommend taking a look at the article below as this should address your concern.

Medical ID

With iPhone, you can personalize your Medical ID to keep your important health information in case of emergency.

User uploaded file

Tap Medical ID. Then tap Edit to add information such as birthdate, height, weight, and blood type. You can also add emergency contacts.

Turn on Show When Locked to make your Medical ID available from the Lock screen. This lets people helping you in an emergency get important information about you. They'll also be able to contact people you've entered as emergency contacts.

Here's how to access Medical ID when your device is locked:

1. Swipe to unlock.
  2. Tap Emergency.
    User uploaded file
  3. Tap Medical ID, on the emergency dial screen.
    User uploaded file

Use Health on your iPhone or iPod touch

Cheers

Oct 29, 2015 2:15 PM in response to jason269

Hello,

My reminders are very important to me, I do not want a random person to be able to pickup my phone and from the lock screen be able to swipe down my reminders and tick them all off as complete or view what tasks I have or confidential info I have in my reminders. This is not secure.

Your suggestion to disable "Show on lock screen" for reminders does not work. Even if I disable they still show on the lock screen.

Can you please advise URGENTLY how to make it so the reminders are not accessible from the lock screen that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sam

Oct 29, 2015 3:09 PM in response to Samnz01

Samnz01 wrote:

My reminders are very important to me, I do not want a random person to be able to pickup my phone and from the lock screen be able to swipe down my reminders and tick them all off as complete or view what tasks I have or confidential info I have in my reminders. This is not secure.

Why on earth are you leaving your phone around where any random stranger can pick it up. That is NOT secure.

Oct 29, 2015 5:17 PM in response to Samnz01

Samnz01 wrote:

Very helpful comment... I just want to know its secure, someone might pickup my phone while its sitting on my work desk and have a look through out of curiosity and accidentally tick a reminder off... who knows...

Again, if you are somewhere where people who should not be touching your phone might, don't leave it where they can get it. Do you leave your wallet lying around where they can go through it if they get curious? Having them look at your reminders is one of the least damaging things they could do (unless the reminders say something like "complete plans to overthrow the government" or "arrange tryst with the boss/boss's spouse").

Jan 21, 2016 2:32 AM in response to Samnz01

Is there a solution to this? Im having the same issue. The meg response is silly and not at all helpful. Sometimes my phone charging or sitting on somewhere where it us visible to other people but still in my possesion and care! I don't want reminders popping up on the lock screen and easily read by anyone. Having them pop up on the lock screen defeats its purpose the purpose of a lock screen. I want them to appear, just not on the lock screen.

Mar 9, 2016 12:43 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St Clair the problem is not about leaving your phone. Besides who doesnt leave it at the work desk or at home on the table? I do.

But as you see, the problem is not that. The problem is that notifications arent working they way they are intended to work. If you tap "do not show on lock screen" then the info shouldnt show on lock screen <- here is the problem.

Honestly, I dont have a clue why you respond the way you do in this thread, no idea at all. But it isnt helpful. Come with a Solution to the problem with notifications not working instead of telling people to not use their 1000 dollar phone.

Thanks in advance.

Here is my thread btw

Turn of notifications,calender on locked screen

Mar 9, 2016 8:15 AM in response to berste

berste wrote:

Meg St Clair the problem is not about leaving your phone. Besides who doesnt leave it at the work desk or at home on the table? I do.

I certainly do not leave my phone lying around where untrustworthy people can pick it up and look at it, or worse, walk off with it. No one I live with would presume to infringe on my privacy by picking up my phone, going through my wallet or snooping through my underwear drawer.

Jason gave instructions on how to turn off notifications on your lock screen. In your other thread, you show a screen shot of the Today screen. You'll need to turn off the calendar widget. Swipe all the way to the bottom of the screen. Tap "Edit". Tap the red minus sign next to Calendar.

Mar 9, 2016 9:07 AM in response to Samnz01

Samnz01 wrote:

Very helpful comment... I just want to know its secure, someone might pickup my phone while its sitting on my work desk and have a look through out of curiosity and accidentally tick a reminder off... who knows...

It's a very bad idea when at work to leave any personal items on or in your unlocked desk - purse, wallet, laptop computer, phone... And in most government offices and large corporations doing so will result in the item being confiscated by security. There's also a good chance of it being stolen by thieves masquerading as maintenance staff or dressed in suits or other place-specific dress codes as customers, or in large businesses, co-workers. Seeing what is on the lock screen is the least of your worries.

Mar 9, 2016 11:37 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I think this thread is taking the wrong turn.

All of us reading can understand that you dont leave your personal belongings unattended.

But the question was and still is how to get notifications/reminders to work. Can we please stay on topic?

So from what I understand, the only way to get notifications to work is actually by shutting them off so they dont show up on lock screen at all? But wait now, that cant be right now can it? Cause we got micro management where we can turn of every app we dont want to show up on the locked screen. But lo and behold, even if we do that they still show up!

So, question still remains, how do we fix it. Or maybe I should ask, is this a KNOWN bug? In that case, its just for us to wait for the next IOS update and hope they will fix it.

disable reminders on lock screen ios 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.