Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering deleted files?

Is there any way to recover deleted items after trash has been emptied? I was setting up my daughters new macbook and used the icloud drive to move files for her. I did not realize that deleting them from the original macbook would also delete them from the icloud drive. I've already emptied the trash. Is there anyway to get those files back? (the backup we use did not back up her documents so lesson learned).

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 10:39 AM

Try using a data recovery product such as the ones listedhere. Don't write anything else to the drive until the files are recovered or you choose not to recover them.

(133764)

4 replies

Oct 20, 2015 1:35 AM in response to Advolegacy

What kind of format file did you delete? How large does them? and don't save the same type file to hard drive, the deleted file may covered by these new files. If you know clear about these, it would be helpful to recover your deleted file.

You can read this article which gives you some suggestions of how to recover your lost file with DataRecovery application.

Recovering deleted files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.