Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've bought a 16mb iStick from Gsmobi, and it does not work with the new ios 9. Anybody with this problem?

I've bought a 16mb iStick from Gsmobi, and it does not work with the new ios 9.

Anybody with this problem?

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 2:01 AM

I Also have purchased a 32Gb istick from Amazon Gmobi which says it is good to work with iPhone and iPad. It did work when I had IOS8 but since upgrade to IOS9 it is not recognised by either. I have contacted Amazon but no reply and also the retailer AT Memory. AT Memory said that lots of apps don't work in IOS9 and to wait till the app is updated ! not satisfactory. These sticks are meant to work with the Apple products. Have tried to contact Apple but with no success. There must be something in IOS9 stopping this from working ! Come on Apple solve this issue ! or is it down to gmobi to send an update to the firmware ?

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2015 2:01 AM in response to charlottespain

I Also have purchased a 32Gb istick from Amazon Gmobi which says it is good to work with iPhone and iPad. It did work when I had IOS8 but since upgrade to IOS9 it is not recognised by either. I have contacted Amazon but no reply and also the retailer AT Memory. AT Memory said that lots of apps don't work in IOS9 and to wait till the app is updated ! not satisfactory. These sticks are meant to work with the Apple products. Have tried to contact Apple but with no success. There must be something in IOS9 stopping this from working ! Come on Apple solve this issue ! or is it down to gmobi to send an update to the firmware ?

Oct 18, 2015 10:52 AM in response to gdgmacguy

Did that and got an answer back saying that Apple won't tell them what they have altered so will have to wait and see if they can find a solution. So either way I'm going to have to wait weeks and weeks to get the device to work when this device has been approved by Apple.

THis worked great on IOS 8 so if any of you have IOS 8 and one of these devices don't upgrade to IOS 9 ! Be warned !

Nov 7, 2015 8:06 AM in response to gdgmacguy

What an insensitive and illogical reply! It has EVERYTHING to do with Apple. If it were not for the apps, the iPhone or iPad would be indistinguishable from any other phone or tablet and it is functionality which has sold and sustained Apple in the past. It is your sort of attitude which fuels Apple's ever growing complacency and indifference to customer concerns.

Apple should not foist flawed upgrades onto trusting and loyal Apple users ...

Nov 17, 2015 6:05 AM in response to charlottespain

Hello All,

I finally found a solution to this issue. Here are the steps to fix:

1) Back up all your data on the iStick

2) Download the firmware upgradation tool from here : https://hypershop.zendesk.com/entries/105799903-iStick-Firmware-update

3) Follow the instruction at the link mentioned in Step-2. ( You will need a windows based PC for this, sadly!)

4) Download the new iStick Pro app from Apple App store.

5) And if you've followed all the instructions correctly, you're done!

Note: I tried to run this from a virtual machine of Windows on my mac and it didn't work.

Luckily, I have a windows machine still in some corner of my house. 😉

Hope it helps 🙂.

Regards,

Harsha

I've bought a 16mb iStick from Gsmobi, and it does not work with the new ios 9. Anybody with this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.