Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family share fingerprint approval

family share has been working great for me, recently I went to approve an app with fingerprint, hit cancel and now i can no longer use my fingerprint to approve, with 3 kids on 3 devices typing my password is getting old. How do I reactivate the fingerprint approval?

iPhone 6, iOS 9, null

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 2:32 PM

14 replies

Sep 22, 2015 2:42 PM in response to Akasnoopy

Hi Akasnoopy,

Thank you for becoming a member of the Apple Support Communities and for taking the time to post your first question!

To begin troubleshooting, I would suggest making sure that App and iTunes Stores is enabled in your Touch ID & Passcode settings.

User uploaded file

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

I know issues that pop up like this can be frustrating, but I want to assure you that we are here to help! Please reply and let us know if this step helped you resolve the approval issue with Touch ID or to provide any further information.

We’re glad you’re a part of the Apple Support Communities and can’t wait to hear more from you! :)

Best!

Sep 23, 2015 6:13 AM in response to Akasnoopy

Hello Akasnoopy,

Thanks for replying with this information!

I’m sorry if I misunderstood the situation to begin with, but I understand now that Touch ID is working everywhere, including the iTunes & App Stores, with the exception of being able to approve purchases from Family Sharing.

In this situation it may be necessary to contact Apple Support directly. Contacting us will allow us to dig in to the situation and help you resolve this situation as quick as possible. Please use the attached link to get started.

Apple - Support - Topic Selection

As always, please reply and share any information or steps you worked through to get this resolved. Thanks for being part of the Apple Support Communities and we look forward to your continued involvement. :D

Have a great day!

Sep 27, 2015 6:40 PM in response to Akasnoopy

I am experiencing the same problem. Able to use fingerprint for everything except for family approvals. I spoke to customer support today and was told that using the fingerprint to approve family apps/purchases was not possible and is not a feature of the software 😕 I know that I have been using my fingerprint to approve apps and songs requested by my kids through the notification process since I bought the iPhone 6 about 5-6 months ago and could also approve notification requests on my Aiir 2 for longer than that.

Confused

Oct 3, 2015 4:57 PM in response to Akasnoopy

After lots of steps of turning on and off everything related to touch ID, family sharing, kid approval and itunes I finally called Apple. The rep stated that TouchID is no longer a supported option for approving purchase request for your kids. I lodged an official request to bring the feature back and he stated that if enough people request it, it may be brought back. Please call Apple Support and make the request. If they hear enough of us maybe they will bring it back.

Dec 30, 2015 3:53 PM in response to CallMeMurf

Yes I also wish for touch ID approval for all my kids' apps, and wish for it to be brought back!

To all the "bumpers" and people demanding here that Apple "fix this" .. these are user forums; "Apple" do not as a rule read these. The only way to get our voice heard for issues like this is to (a) give feedback on a call with Apple support, and ask them to log your request/feedback, or as I have just done: (b) by entering feedback in the official feedback web page form:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Family share fingerprint approval

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.