Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook Battery Question

Hi Everyone,

I just got my new Macbook today and I'm loving it. I did have a question about the battery, though. I got it at around 79% charged, so I charged it up for several hours to 100%, and left it plugged in while I was downloading all the stuff I need from the app store.

However, do I have to do anything for battery calibration now? I remember back in the old days it was advised to charge it up, deplete, and then charge it back up to recalibrate - and to do this about once a month or so. Is this still the case?

I did research it a bit but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information on battery stuff out there. Not that I'm concerned at all right now, but I figured I'd ask if there was anything I should do to keep it in good condition.

Thanks for any info.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 8:20 AM in response to Nat Harari

My brand new macbook came out with 4 cycles showing out weirdly and was at 30% charge weirdly. Is it normal I would thing it should have shown 1 cycle. The full charge shows 96% capacity with 4 cycles ??? 5138 mah vs 5297 mah. I am a little bit concerned about the battery life on this little macbook as both my macbook pros (13" and 15") show 100% or slightly more after a few months of use and more than 35 cycles

New Macbook Battery Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.