Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

google drive does not load from Safari on my mac

google drive does not load from Safari on my mac Air - it had been working fine.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3), I have safari 5.1.3

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 2:13 PM

18 replies

Sep 29, 2015 9:21 AM in response to henrik80

I have rulled out our filter, firewall, and ISP by using my cell phone connection to test with. I have ruled out our base OS image by testing it with a new install of 10.10.5. Ruled out a google problem by seeing it work in Chrome and Firefox. Very bazar. Ruled out network based home directories by setting it to force local homes in Directory Utility. Ruled out non-admin users by testing it with both admin and local accounts.

Oct 13, 2015 10:08 AM in response to susanbetha

I have the same problem. I am in a public school with 2000 users who cannot use Safari with Google Drive.
Running Windows Server 2008 R2
Yesomite 10.10.4
Safari 8 ( I have upgraded to 9 on a few test machines issue persists)
Its Mac with users having home drives on Windows Server 2008 R2. Updating Flash, JAVA, clear cookies, does not resolve the issue and shouldn't be a fix for 2000 users accounts. That's alot of manual work. Seems like Apple doesn't want to do business with an Education setting with thousands of users. Works great in Chrome.

Oct 13, 2015 11:26 AM in response to henrik80

For a while they were asking for feedback, but they have gone silent for over a week. The bug report is still open.

Its strange, because its clearly an Apple bug, but Google must have changed something on their end since this worked last school year for us in the same setup. I wonder if QUIC has anything told do with it. http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/18/google-wants-to-speed-up-the-web-with-its-quic- protocol/#.npghr2:c1SG

Has anyone notice that the loading of Drive contents has slowed down in network accounts?

google drive does not load from Safari on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.