Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios9 - Camera filters won't stay selected as default...

On my iphone 6+, In ios8, I was able to select a camera filter (Chrome) to leave on all the time. In ios9, it seems there is no longer a way to do this - cam settings from the camera app seem to be a think of the past (you used to be able to access some settings through the camera app itself). I can select Chrome for each shot but not as a default setting for every shop. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this in ios9?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2017 9:33 AM

Since version 10.2 there is a separate setting to remember the last filter.

Goto SETTINGS --> PHOTOS & CAMERA --> PRESERVE SETTINGS and switch ON the option PHOTO FILTER.

Hope this answers your question.

24 replies

Oct 26, 2015 9:39 AM in response to CCAPPL

I have no idea why Apple would choose this to be done on purpose!! Very frustrating. Are Apple trying to make us buy an app that works? Ive been into Apple twice now. I was told to reset and set up as a new phone. Still same problem. Now been directed to support group..and can see I'm not the only one totally annoyed! Please fix asap.

Oct 26, 2015 9:46 AM in response to CCAPPL

Looks like PROBLEM SOLVED! ISSUE FIXED!

My iphone 6+ just did an update today (10/26) to IOS 9.1 (13b143) --To find your version go to SETTINGS/ABOUT/VERSION.

I tested the filters by selecting CAMERA, choosing a filter, double tapping home button, closing camera, then reopening it. It seems to have fixed the problem. My filter stuck!

Will someone else please try this process once you've updated to the same version and post here to verify that it works for you, too. If more than one of us have the problem solved I think we can assume it's been fixed!

SUCESS! YAY! THANK YOU! 🙂

Oct 27, 2015 1:53 AM in response to CCAPPL

Unfortunately the 9.1 update hasn't fixed the camera problem. At first it looks like it has. I've had the same TEMPORARY success as you, but it doesn't last. I've spent a good few hours in the Apple Store yesterday wiping off the whole of my phone setting up as NEW, with all new updates but still the same problem. For the moment I just have to be vigilant when I open the camera and press the chrome filter before I start snapping away!

ios9 - Camera filters won't stay selected as default...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.