Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music keeps removing my offline songs. I download them and they last offline for 36hrs at best

Hi there,

this is becoming increasingly frustrating.

I have gone thorugh and downloaded about 1000 songs to listen offline in preparation for a trip I am about to take.

I have found the music, added it to my library and chosen to "Make available offline" I have then gone into each album individually and chosen it agian to download offline. I have them gone into each track individually and chosen to make each single track available offline, waiuting for the mobile icon to appear against the song and watched the 1000 songs all download in the downloads seciton.

I have then gone in and changed the view of My Media to only display tracks that are available for offlien play. After going through the above process, and then going into to every album after changing the view to "display only offline tracks", turned on airplane mode to ensure that no connection to itunes or apple music via mobile / cellular exists I confirmed that indeed all of teh tracks were available for offline play.

I then went further and checked the usage section of settinsg to see that the usage was about right for the app (around 6gb).

Everything looked good.

That was on Sunday 20th September at about 4:30pm AEST

I then went into the app this morning (22 Septmber 7:45AM AEST) to play some music on the train and when i went to My Music it was not displaying any music.

I turned on cellular data etc to check that the My Music selections were there and indeed they were but EVERY SINGLE TRACK where i had gone thorugh the above process was no longer available for offline play.

What possibly could I be doing wrong?

This is the 3rd time I have gone thorugh the above process and each time the music has been removed.

Seriously frustrating.

iPhone 6, iOS 9, Old MOG user with APP still install

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2017 3:41 PM

User uploaded fileI had hw same probalem and this was why

22 replies

Sep 22, 2015 1:07 AM in response to xoosksicskoox

I'm not unfortunately.

But I have done the following hoping it will help:

1.) Close all apps (inclusing music!)

2.) Reboot iPhone (hold sleep/awake button and swipe)

3.) Settings: Disable iCloud music library (attention: all downloaded content from aple music is lost!)

4.) Settings: Clear iTunes login

5.) Soft reset: Hold sleep/awake and Home button until reboot

6.) Soft reset again

7.) Soft reset again (Sometime ago I read somewhere three times would definitely flush all cashes... can't believe it but OK)

8.) Open & close music app

9.) Settings: reenter iTunes login

10.) Settings: Reenable iCloud music library (merge contents)

11.) Open music app and wait until library is synced

It kind of matches what you are saying as in get itunes to forget you existed and then try again.

I've just download the songs again (i reckon about the 8th time) hopefully they stick this time.

Sep 27, 2015 4:02 PM in response to digital_dreamer

I'm having the exact same problem - It's extremely frustrating. All the music in my Apple playlists keep being removed. I want the music offline so I can listen to it in my car - I don't have enough data to be streaming all the time!

I'm just lucky that my carrier gave me a 12 month subscription for free, because there is no way in **** I would pay for this. I can't even get Apple music to work on my iPad either - it says I need to subscribe, but then if I go to sign-up, it says I'm already subscribed. I think this is an issue with carrier subscriptions not working across devices or something.

Nov 3, 2015 4:26 PM in response to digital_dreamer

I seem to have some luck recently.

I logged a call with apple support and spoke to tech in regards to what was happening.

We completed the following steps and my music has stayed on my device for the last 48 hours - better than the previous record of 36 hours.

After my music had been removed again I didn't download the files and completed the following steps:

My icloud music library setting was switched off (Settings > Music > toggle iCloud Music Library switch)

Signed out of Apple Music

Waited for 5 minutes

Logged back into the Apple Music app

Tuned on iCloud Music Library (Settings > Music > toggle iCloud Music Library switch)

Let me library restore itself

Downloaded all of my music again for offline listening (989 songs)

Left it as is.

I should note I have Mobile (cellular) data turned off for Apple Music both in the Setting > Mobile section and within Setting > Music.

If the music stays I won't update again and consider the above approach the fix. If it drops again I will let you know.

Good luck. Hope this works for anyone else having the issue.

Nov 22, 2015 2:58 PM in response to digital_dreamer

I have had the same problem. Just got done with Apple support chat. They confirmed it is a known problem. In their words, "In looking into this further, it does appear that this is an issue that our engineers are currently aware of and investigating. At this time there isn't a known fix, but I have absolute confidence that our engineers will work tirelessly until a resolution has been found." I hope, by that, that they mean their engineers are working on changing the web sales content like http://www.apple.com/music/membership/ since they continue to advertise a major selling feature that just patently, and by their own admission, doesn't work.

Apple Music keeps removing my offline songs. I download them and they last offline for 36hrs at best

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.