Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after updating ios9 i cant send or receive mms or sms picture text

Im on Wind Mobile as my carrier and i have an iphone 6 plus

my sms was working fine and my mms was working fine being sent by my email rather than my phone number but it was still working

after updating to ios9 both have stopped working.. ive contacted wind but they told me it was a problem on Apples side since it was working before the update..

My husbands iphone 5 id doing the same thing so i know its not just my phone.. has anybody else experienced this? Wind told me i had to wait until apple fixed it or downgrade my ios back to 8 ..

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 12:45 PM

Looks like a problem specific to windmobile iphones. Sitting in the same boat with my 5c. Looks like there are two additional APN settings in ios9 that might be causing this.

31 replies

Sep 22, 2015 6:48 PM in response to krayzydalek

Im not sure if this will fix your problem as it fixed mine, but what we did was the follows:

1. Send a MMS to an android or other non apple product

2. While MMS is sending, switch to AIRPLANE MODE

3. Go back to picture and press the "!" next to failed MMS

4. Press "Try Again" 2 to 3 times

5. Go to Settings > Messages > iMessage (Turn off iMessage)

6. Go to Settings > Messages > Send as SMS (Turn off Send as SMS)

7. Go back to picture and press the "!" next to failed MMS

8. Press "Try Again" 2 to 3 times

9. NOW - (GO BACK TO iMessage and SMS and enable them both)

10. Take phone off of AIRPLANE MODE and retry sending picture message

This is what worked for me 🙂 let me know if it worked for you!!!

Sep 25, 2015 3:41 PM in response to Skinjob1

ugh.. when I had called to ask about the text messaging from them they said its apples fault .. You have to wait for an update.. I then asked about compensation since I'm paying for unlimited service and I'm not able to send or receive pictures .. He told me i should talk to Apple or downgrade my iOS back to 8 .... Are you kidding me??! Wind customer service is horrible

Sep 28, 2015 9:28 AM in response to krayzydalek

Same here. iPhone 6, fresh into Wind Mobile and it won't drop the temporary phone number that was assigned to me before my own number was assigned to the phone. What a pain this is.

Here is that link for the iPhone settings:

http://www.windmobile.ca/my-wind/faq/devices#d7a34877-c3ee-6924-b2e4-ff0300f64c5 1

If anybody finds out how to make this work, please post here.

Cheers

Oct 2, 2015 9:10 AM in response to krayzydalek

OK I got it fixed. This is what I did. Might want to try this. No guarantee it will work for you.

Dial this number in the phone app: *#5005*7672#

It should come back with "Service Centre Address 6135009000" and a Dismiss button.

If that is the case, then try this:

Dial this number: **5005*7672*+16135009000#

You should get a generic response with a Dismiss button.

Try a SMS. It should work.

From the looks of it, they forgot the "+1" in front of that reference number, so this command resets that parameter to the proper value with the "+1". Just my guess.

Let me know if this works.

Cheers

Oct 2, 2015 9:37 AM in response to BioRich

UPDATE:

Settings -> Messages -> iMessage -> "YOU CAN BE REACHED BY IMESSAGE AT" still will not update my phone number past the temporary phone number Wind assigned to this phone when I switched. This temporary phone number has been a real PITA. In fact, it's still spinning on that temporary phone number. I'm calling Wind back on this.

after updating ios9 i cant send or receive mms or sms picture text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.