Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s A1688 in China

Hi!

I'm currently living in China, but will buy the new iPhone 6s in Germany. The A1688 is supposed to be the "global phone" but will it support LTE or 3G in China's networks, eg. China Mobile, China Unicom or China Telecom?

Also I'm wondering whether a iPhone 6s from China would support LTE or 3G in other countries like Germany or the USA. I'm troubled by the idea that Chinese iPhones could have built-in restrictions for the use in the rest of the world.

BTW I checked Apple's info page about the different iPhone models and LTE support, but got totally confused by it.

Thank you all very much for your help.

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 8:04 PM

10 replies

Oct 1, 2015 4:02 PM in response to ManuSch

Hi, just wondering if you have found out about using A1688 in China. I’m having a similar dilemma: I am not sure if it will work on China Mobile’s 3G or 4G network (or is there some licensing b/s that would prevent it). The thing is, I would prefer China Mobile as they have an excellent coverage, but am hesitant to test it by buying a 4G SIM and loading money.

iPhone 6s A1688 in China

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.