Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 9 passcode screen sensitivity problems

i'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else but it is for me and it is VERY annoying.

i'm sure a lot of us iphone users (like me) have their passcodes down out of habit so well in our heads to where we can just quickly swipe right and type it in without even looking in the matter of a second. well ever since the ios 9 update i've been realizing that whenever i go to do this now, i turn my screen on, and slide right to bring up the passcode screen it takes a second before i can push the buttons on the passcode screen. like the numbers are there but the phone doesn't register the touch. its a VERY short period, maybe unnoticable to some, but i've become so quick with typing in my passcode after swiping right that i definitely notice it, and it is now throwing me off every time i go to unlock my phone. it definitely was NOT like this on the previous ios (or i would have noticed it instantly) every time i go to turn my phone out now out of habit i do what i always do, swipe right and quickly start to type in my passcode and every time i do it now i always miss the first number of my passcode (even though i did press it) because it just doesn't register as quickly anymore. ALSO another thing i've noticed now is now when i delete the numbers that i have typed in, the delete button/area around it is very unsensitive? i mean i have to hit it like spot on for it to work. anyone have a fix for this or know why it's doing this? imo ios9 was a complete bust. the new font is ugly, my phone feels slower, and the things they added i'm never going to use.

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2015 6:58 AM

Agree 100% -

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

It's as if when unlocking, everything has slowed by a split second and the keypad is slightly gummy.

I hope this gets addressed...

3 replies

ios 9 passcode screen sensitivity problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.