Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Airport Extreme support landline telephone?

I'm not sure which model of Airport Extreme I have, (think it's the 3rd or 4th) but does anyone have any idea or experience if it supports landline telephone ?

I've two routers at my place, one is provided by the telco which is connected to the fibre broadband, cable TV and support landline (it has a landline (RJ-11) port as well, and the other Airport Extreme connected to a second broadband. I plan to terminate one of the broadband lines and plan to use only Airport Extreme but I need my landline telephone, so wondering if this possible. Appreciate any feedback. Tks

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen)

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 2:51 AM

1 reply

Sep 22, 2015 5:24 AM in response to nasceur

A variant of an Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station from 2003 (see page 6 in the manual at https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/0/MA436/en_US/AirPortExtremeBaseStationSe tupGuide.pdf) supported dial-up via an internal modem. If so equipped, the base station would have an RJ-11 port.

Newer AirPort Extreme Base Stations did not support dial-up Internet access. However, one could use these routers for DSL broadband, but only with an appropriate separate DSL modem/adapter (and a splitter for the telephone).

Does the Airport Extreme support landline telephone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.