Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes podcast streaming stops after some minutes!

Dear Community,

I am having a serious problem and my customer is not amused. I am grateful for everyone's help!

When you go to the iTunes store and find our podcast "immo.fm" and start streaming (not downloading) any given episode, it stops playing after one or two minutes for no apparent reason. soemtimes it stops during the intro. Happens on every Desktop PC at different locations.

This happens to every episode! If you use the webplayer on our website immo.fm, everything is fine.

Our competitors episodes work fine, also... :-/

Thanks a bunch for your help and any idea!

AnDee from Berlin, GERMANY - home of Immo.FM!

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 3:41 AM

1 reply

Sep 22, 2015 4:43 AM in response to AnDee from CHiLL4

I'm afraid I can't be of much help, other than confirming the behaviour. I started listening to IFM26 in the Store: it stopped at just over 2 minutes and said it was rebuffering - this means that the stream from the server had run out or stopped.

I subscribed in iTunes and played the next episode without downloading it; it stopped after 2 minutes and went straight on to the beginning of the next one down.

The media file on your website player is the same as is in in the feed. All this suggests that the server is not responding properly to streaming requests, or is feeding them so slowly that the playback times out - things may be different when it's working on your own site. (Actually downloading the file works perfectly well.) However I don't have any knowledge of servers or why this might be happening - I can only suggest you take it up with the people running your server. You could also try hosting an episode somewhere else and see what happens

iTunes podcast streaming stops after some minutes!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.