Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s stuck in the "connect to itunes screen" while updating to ios9

Tried to update to IO9 from itunes.

The process stopped after the download when i think was about to start the installation.
I don't remember what error came first but now i cant restore OR cant update since i get a whole variety of errors

some are : 4, 9, 3002, 4037,4017

I ve tried everything that apple suggested but no luck! Ive also tried to instal previous versions like IOS 8.

Any suggestion on how to get my phone back???

THIS WHOLE THING IS A JOKE....WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!? APPLE KEEPS Fraking things up!

iPhone 4S, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 6:01 AM

5 replies

Sep 22, 2015 6:02 AM in response to zotos63

To resolve this issue, try using the DFU mode. Note this will erase all the data from your device.

• Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
  • Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds
  • Press the Home button while holding the Power button and hold both for 10 seconds.
  • Release the Power button, but KEEP HOLDING the Home button.
  • After about 15 seconds, iTunes will tell you it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
  • Restore your device

More info here: https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

Jul 21, 2016 8:47 AM in response to zotos63

iPhone 4s won't turn on, won't update, won't restore, wont turn on!! Shows iTunes logo and switches off alternatively repeatedly.

I was recently told to update a iPhone 4s from abroad (UK to Nepal). While downloading from OTA I noticed there was ios 8 already downloaded. However it didn't let me update it showing unknown error occured.

I then backed up with my iTunes (First time from my laptop), downloaded update (ios 9.3) from itunes and tried to update it through itunes.

i hadn't given any authorization or logged in any account in itunes (if thats relevant ). Every thing seemed to go, extracting-preparing phone to update- waiting for iPhone -verifying update and BOOM, after second beep of connected hardware sound it shows unknown errors like 36, 27 etc.

I have tried every posssible ways in the INTERNET to either update or restore the phone.

• tried hosts file
  • downloaded signed ipsw file and tried to install it
  • tried DFU mode to restore
  • tried custom repairer like Reiboot,icareFone no use!

Its just dead.

Normally It shows recovery mode and swiches off periodically but while attempting update or restore,,during error 36, appple logo is being shown with a stuck progress bar.

Any one please Help me!

Now i am being blamed of screwing this iPhone

please Help!

iphone 4s stuck in the "connect to itunes screen" while updating to ios9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.