Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes & Windows 10

Hi Folks,

Since iTunes installed the new version #12.3.0.44 on all three of my Windows 10 computers iTunes will not connect with any of my 5S iPhones. I have removed and re-installed iTunes three times, but still no connectivity. I have checked all three connecting cables which are from Apple. Needless to say, before the new version was installed all of my iTunes had perfect connectivity on my Window 10 computers. Any ideas??? Thanks.....

iPhone 5s, iOS 9, Windows 10 on computer

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 5:49 AM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2015 7:36 AM in response to harryneeds help

I also have this issue. I worked through all the steps on this Apple help page (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095) uninstalling/installing; disabling/enabling, updating and running compatibility for Windows 8, and I still have the issue.

This morning I contacted Apple Support and after further investigations taking 1 hour 25 minutes or so, I still have the problem but they have now seen how iTunes keeps freezing when I connect my iPhone and now have a copy of my iTunes diagnostics.

It's being passed further up the chain and hopefully someone will get back to me early next week.

It's a bit of a head scratcher!!

Oct 12, 2015 9:51 AM in response to harryneeds help

With iTunes closed try the following:

1. Open Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Plug in your device
  3. Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  6. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  7. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  8. Click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  9. Click Next, then Close and exit Device Manager

If that hasn't fixed things see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. A full tear down and rebuild may be in order.

tt2

iTunes & Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.