Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 with IOS 9 not working anymore over USB with car audio

Hi community

After upgrading my iPhone 6 with IOS 9 there is no possibility to connect the iPhone via USB with my audio car system.

My car system reports “reading from USB device” but it will stay forever in this status. I try this with two differed audio systems, with the same result.

Have any other user the same experience ore is there any solution to resolve this issue?

Best regards

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 7:07 AM

Hello renefromspiez,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are not able to connect the iPhone to the car using USB. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

If you're using USB Playback

1. Restart your iOS device and your car.
  2. Connect your iOS device to a different stereo USB port (if you have one).
  3. Try a different USB cable.
  4. Update your iOS device.
  5. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  6. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a specific third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, Contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2015 7:07 AM in response to renefromspiez

Hello renefromspiez,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are not able to connect the iPhone to the car using USB. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

If you're using USB Playback

1. Restart your iOS device and your car.
  2. Connect your iOS device to a different stereo USB port (if you have one).
  3. Try a different USB cable.
  4. Update your iOS device.
  5. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  6. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a specific third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, Contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

Oct 4, 2015 1:02 PM in response to bfred123

Funnily enough, this only happened to me on the first instance. In the days since it has worked fine. Others have suggested it is something to do with your phone connecting to the audio system via bluetooth for music as well as calls, which can be overridden with the AirPlay selector. I guess this is new behaviour in iOS 9: defaulting to bluetooth music when the cable is connected in the first instance.

Nov 18, 2015 2:34 PM in response to glswinkels

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is still an ongoing issue. I just bought new Range Rover Evoque and noticed my iPhone6 does not get detected either through iPod / USB mode when i Plug my I phone 6 to my RR infotainment system. When I took it to the dealer ship. he plugged in his iPhone 6 plus and it immediately detected and played music from Pandora/ spotify through the same USB cable i tried earlier.

I have IOS 9.1 and I'm not sure if this has to do something with the limitation on my iPhone alone. Appreciate any help

Cheers

iPhone 6 with IOS 9 not working anymore over USB with car audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.