Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Mac Yosemite driver Dell U2713H

Hi,

Tried the Dell U2713H minitor on a Dell PC, HDMI is working fine.

Tried it on my old Mac with Snow Leppard also working fine.

But my new Yosemite is not seen from the Dell U2713H monitor in HDMI. There are only new Window drivers no Mac Yosemite drivers. Can anyone help me out.

Cheers,

Stephan

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 7:57 AM

10 replies

Sep 22, 2015 8:16 AM in response to StephanDanser

Unlike Windows, the Mac does not use special drivers for each different display. Instead, it uses a single, highly parameterized Driver for every display. There is no Driver you can go fetch off the Internet to make this work.

The parameters for the Mac Driver are set based on the Display's responses to a Query from the Mac. The display responds with its capabilities, and the parameters are set for initial operation.

The query is sent:

At initialization as the Mac is coming up

at cable insertion at the Mac end

at wake-from-sleep

in response to the Option-Detect Displays button from inside the displays Control panel (invisible until you hold down the Option key)

You first mission is to get the display to show something. (use the list above to get the Mac to query the display again).

If it is not the right stuff, there are some ways to improve the picture.

Sep 22, 2015 9:01 AM in response to lllaass

2009 MacPro 2x 3,06 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 32GB 1333MHz DDR 3 ECC ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB - CK00101BE1C -

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti - DeckLink Mini Monitor (SDI/ HDMI)

Output is with Resolve 12 HDMI from the DeckLink Mini Monitor (SDI/ HDMI) and with Adobe Premiere Pro HDMI from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

The Display output from the ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB works fine in 2560x1440 with Adobe Premiere Pro

The problem is the HDMI

Sep 22, 2015 9:43 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Hi Grant,

Put the HDMI output from the DeckLink Mini Monitor Card into the Dell Monitor tried the detect mode, still no response.

The monitor still says that there is signal coming computer.

But when I connect my 12" monitor it works fine. So it is something with the Dell and my Mac.

The Display output from the ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB works fine in 2560x1440

The problem is the HDMI output I need for my Resolve Color Correction

Sep 22, 2015 4:58 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Hi Grant,

This setup is very common for Resolve users. The clean video out is SDI or HDMI in Resolve.

But also the HDMI output from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti is not working with Yosemite and the DELL U2713H.

On my other MacPro from 2007 with Snow Leppard and ATI Radeon 5770 it is working fine with HDMI out.

The reason I bought a newer and faster MacPro is that I need Yosemite and a Cuda Video card for Resolve 12 which is not supported for my old 2007 MacPro.

So 2500 euro's later stuck with a non working machine. BlackMagic tells me it is a Mac Dell problem. Dell tells me it is a Mac problem.

What can I do. Please Apple support help me out.

Cheers

Stephan

Sep 23, 2015 1:55 AM in response to DPArt

Yes I did. Latest official drivers where not working with Yosemite. (Even tried several other videocards from the store before I found out that the official drivers where not working). And the Cuda Driver 7.0.64. The Apple helpdesk provided me with some Beta drivers which are working fine on the DVI-D and Display output. Also send back the first DeckLink card and replaced it with a new one.

There is something different in the HDMI output, what the Dell hates. My 12" camera monitor is working fine with both HDMI outputs. (Just checked my old MacPro running Mountain Lion on that Mac, not Snow Leppard).

The only way now is, to replace my Dell for a other Calibrated Grading Monitor. Which means a new investment of $1000,00 or so.

Rather not do that.

Sep 23, 2015 7:45 AM in response to StephanDanser

sorry to hear that. I noticed on the Blackmagic website, there is an update for your minimonitor card-desktop video 10.4.3-I have the same monitor as you do and have found that a changed EDID helped. As Grant Bennet-Alder said, the computer and monitor talk to one another and the parameters are set for initial operation. you can find a new EDID here

http://embdev.net/topic/284710

I strictly use a displayport cable for connection between mac and monitor. Maybe you could use a displayport to HDMI active adapter and see if that works better? For the record, Stephan D. there are no Mac drivers or support for the Dell. Luckily it works, but if you go ask Dell they'll tell you, sorry, we don't test our products with Mac at all. your GTX Ti750 card should work okay, but...some brands of it do work better than others....can't seem to find anything about HDMI on mac. it says it supports it, though...you may also have to grab the CUDA drivers as well (latest version is 6.5.18 I think?)

well,. I tried

JB

No Mac Yosemite driver Dell U2713H

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.