Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glass Panel for 27 inch Mid 2011 iMac, 922-9833

Hello,

I live in the Netherlands and I recently bought a glass panel from UK with part number 922-9833, which suppose to fit my iMac.

Unfortunately, there is a gap (enough for dust to fall in all the time) between the computer itself and the glass panel.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

The seller claims that the same 922-9833 sold in UK is different from US and elsewhere. Therefore it does not fit.

Is it true or this is simply an excuse? It does not make sense for an international company like apple that produces different spare parts under the same part number...

Hope someone can answer.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 9:59 AM

9 replies

Oct 4, 2015 12:54 AM in response to seventy one

What's wrong with that? You mean people can only buy apple product from apple? From a third party is wrong? I'm just verifying whether apple itself produces different models under the same part number 922-9833, what's wrong with that? That's already too much??? Pffff....

This third party is specialized in selling genuine apple spare parts as they claim. If you are not going to help, you can at least keep silence, don't you have better things to do in your life?

Oct 4, 2015 1:11 AM in response to xuyilong88

There are fake parts using apple code numbers produced all over the world.

You say "You mean people can only buy apple product from apple?"

What makes you think it was made by Apple? As you also said, "The third party is specialized in selling genuine Apple parts, and add, as they claim.

Who is this third party?

But that's enough from me. You have already been curt to one other member here and your last few words are not encouraging for anyone to help you. I wish you good day.

Oct 4, 2015 1:26 AM in response to seventy one

You sound unkind first... not me... whatever...

I am doubting whether this UK store really sells genuine product as they wrote me "apple makes different 922-9833" for different countries, which I find odd.

That's why I'm hoping someone with specialized knowledge about apple can confirm this. If what the UK seller told me is correct, I'm not going to bother them for a replacement. Otherwise, I would. I don't think that's too much asked from Apple, though clearly thanks to this unpleasant conversation with you, I don't expect an answer with this thread.

Glass Panel for 27 inch Mid 2011 iMac, 922-9833

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.